WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slender, slight, slim, svelte, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: being of delicate or slender build; "she was slender as a willow shoot is slender"- Frank Norris; "a slim girl with straight blonde hair"; "watched her slight figure cross the street"
- 2. slender, thin, narrow (vs. wide)
- usage: very narrow; "a thin line across the page"
- 3. slender, thin (vs. thick)
- usage: having little width in proportion to the length or height; "a slender pole"
- 4. slender, slim, small (vs. large), little (vs. big)
- usage: small in quantity; "slender wages"; "a slim chance of winning"; "a small surplus"
- 5. lissome, lissom, lithe, lithesome, slender, supple, svelte, sylphlike, graceful (vs. awkward)
- usage: moving and bending with ease
All rights reserved.
See also: slender (Dictionary)