Synonyms of slide
- 1. slide, microscope slide, plate glass, sheet glass
- usage: a small flat rectangular piece of glass on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study
- 2. slide, descent
- usage: (geology) the descent of a large mass of earth or rocks or snow etc.
- 3. swoop, slide, glissando
- usage: (music) rapid sliding up or down the musical scale; "the violinist was indulgent with his swoops and slides"
- 4. slide, playground slide, sliding board, plaything, toy
- usage: plaything consisting of a sloping chute down which children can slide
- 5. slide, glide, coast, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it; "his slide didn't stop until the bottom of the hill"; "the children lined up for a coast down the snowy slope"
- 6. slide, lantern slide, foil, transparency
- usage: a transparency mounted in a frame; viewed with a slide projector
- 7. chute, slide, slideway, sloping trough, gutter, trough
- usage: sloping channel through which things can descend
- 1. skid, slip, slue, slew, slide, glide
- usage: move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
- 2. slither, slide, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: to pass or move unobtrusively or smoothly; "They slid through the wicket in the big gate"
- 3. slide, move, displace
- usage: move smoothly along a surface; "He slid the money over to the other gambler"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of slide (Dictionary)