- 1. skid, slip, slue, slew, slide, glide
- usage: move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
- 2. slither, slide, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: to pass or move unobtrusively or smoothly; "They slid through the wicket in the big gate"
- 3. slide, move, displace
- usage: move smoothly along a surface; "He slid the money over to the other gambler"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sliding, slippery (vs. nonslippery), slippy
- usage: being a smooth continuous motion
All rights reserved.
See also: sliding (Dictionary)