Synonyms of slipping
- 1. steal, slip, move
- usage: move stealthily; "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
- 2. slip, insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce
- usage: insert inconspicuously or quickly or quietly; "He slipped some money into the waiter's hand"
- 3. skid, slip, slue, slew, slide, glide
- usage: move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
- 4. slip, drop off, drop away, fall away, worsen, decline
- usage: get worse; "My grades are slipping"
- 5. slip, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: move smoothly and easily; "the bolt slipped into place"; "water slipped from the polished marble"
- 6. err, mistake, slip
- usage: to make a mistake or be incorrect
- 7. slip, sneak, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: pass on stealthily; "He slipped me the key when nobody was looking"
- 8. slip, move
- usage: move easily; "slip into something comfortable"
- 9. slip, move, displace
- usage: cause to move with a smooth or sliding motion; "he slipped the bolt into place"
- 10. slip, slip one's mind, forget, block, blank out, draw a blank
- usage: pass out of one's memory
- 11. dislocate, luxate, splay, slip, move, displace
- usage: move out of position; "dislocate joints"; "the artificial hip joint luxated and had to be put back surgically"
- 1. slipping, slithering, slippery (vs. nonslippery), slippy
- usage: moving as on a slippery surface; "his slipping and slithering progress over the ice"
All rights reserved.