WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dabble, smatter, play around, busy, occupy
- usage: work with in an amateurish manner; "She dabbles in astronomy"; "He plays around with investments but he never makes any money"
- 2. babble, blather, smatter, blether, blither, chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble
- usage: to talk foolishly; "The two women babbled and crooned at the baby"
- 3. smatter, speak, talk
- usage: speak with spotty or superficial knowledge; "She smatters Russian"
All rights reserved.
See also: smatter (Dictionary)