Synonyms of snag
- 1. snag, bulge, bump, hump, swelling, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence
- usage: a sharp protuberance
- 2. snag, tree
- usage: a dead tree that is still standing, usually in an undisturbed forest; "a snag can provide food and a habitat for insects and birds"
- 3. rip, rent, snag, split, tear, opening, gap
- usage: an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart; "there was a rip in his pants"; "she had snags in her stockings"
- 4. hang-up, hitch, rub, snag, obstacle, obstruction
- usage: an unforeseen obstacle
- 1. snag, hitch, catch
- usage: catch on a snag; "I snagged my stocking"
- 2. snag, obtain
- usage: get by acting quickly and smartly; "snag a bargain"
- 3. snag, hew
- usage: hew jaggedly
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of snag (Dictionary)