- 1. snake, serpent, ophidian, diapsid, diapsid reptile
- usage: limbless scaly elongate reptile; some are venomous
- 2. snake, snake in the grass, bad person
- usage: a deceitful or treacherous person
- 3. Snake, Snake River
- usage: a tributary of the Columbia River that rises in Wyoming and flows westward; discovered in 1805 by the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- 4. Hydra, Snake
- usage: a long faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near the equator stretching between Virgo and Cancer
- 5. snake, object, physical object
- usage: something long, thin, and flexible that resembles a snake
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snake, glide
- usage: move smoothly and sinuously, like a snake
- 2. snake, wind, twist, curve
- usage: form a snake-like pattern; "The river snakes through the valley"
- 3. snake, weave, wind, thread, meander, wander
- usage: move along a winding path; "The army snaked through the jungle"
All rights reserved.
See also: snake (Dictionary)