Synonyms of snare
- 1. trap, snare, design, plan
- usage: something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares; "the exam was full of trap questions"; "it was all a snare and delusion"
- 2. snare drum, snare, side drum, drum, membranophone, tympan
- usage: a small drum with two heads and a snare stretched across the lower head
- 3. snare, surgical instrument
- usage: a surgical instrument consisting of wire hoop that can be drawn tight around the base of polyps or small tumors to sever them; used especially in body cavities
- 4. snare, string
- usage: strings stretched across the lower head of a snare drum; they make a rattling sound when the drum is hit
- 5. snare, gin, noose, trap
- usage: a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose
- 1. trap, entrap, snare, ensnare, trammel, capture, catch
- usage: catch in or as if in a trap; "The men trap foxes"
- 2. hook, snare, entice, lure, tempt
- usage: entice and trap; "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of snare (Dictionary)