- 1. sociable, social, mixer, party
- usage: a party of people assembled to promote sociability and communal activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. social, societal
- usage: relating to human society and its members; "social institutions"; "societal evolution"; "societal forces"; "social legislation"
- 2. social (vs. unsocial), cultural, ethnic, ethnical, gregarious, interpersonal, multiethnic, multi-ethnic, friendly, gregarious, sociable
- usage: living together or enjoying life in communities or organized groups; "a human being is a social animal"; "mature social behavior"
- 3. social
- usage: relating to or belonging to or characteristic of high society; "made fun of her being so social and high-toned"; "a social gossip colum"; "the society page"
- 4. social, sociable (vs. unsociable)
- usage: composed of sociable people or formed for the purpose of sociability; "a purely social club"; "the church has a large social hall"; "a social director"
- 5. social, gregarious (vs. ungregarious)
- usage: tending to move or live together in groups or colonies of the same kind; "ants are social insects"
- 6. social, friendly (vs. unfriendly)
- usage: marked by friendly companionship with others; "a social cup of coffee"
All rights reserved.
See also: social (Dictionary)