Synonyms of soften
- 1. soften, change intensity
- usage: make (images or sounds) soft or softer
- 2. dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break, deaden, blunt
- usage: lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- 3. yield, relent, soften
- usage: give in, as to influence or pressure
- 4. cushion, buffer, soften, modify
- usage: protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
- 5. mince, soften, moderate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
- 6. soften, change, alter, modify
- usage: make soft or softer; "This liquid will soften your laundry"
- 7. soften, change
- usage: become soft or softer; "The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of soften (Dictionary)