Synonyms of softened
- 1. soften, change intensity
- usage: make (images or sounds) soft or softer
- 2. dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break, deaden, blunt
- usage: lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- 3. yield, relent, soften
- usage: give in, as to influence or pressure
- 4. cushion, buffer, soften, modify
- usage: protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
- 5. mince, soften, moderate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
- 6. soften, change, alter, modify
- usage: make soft or softer; "This liquid will soften your laundry"
- 7. soften, change
- usage: become soft or softer; "The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it"
- 1. softened, modulated (vs. unmodulated)
- usage: toned down
- 2. dull, muffled, muted, softened, soft (vs. loud)
- usage: being or made softer or less loud or clear; "the dull boom of distant breaking waves"; "muffled drums"; "the muffled noises of the street"; "muted trumpets"
All rights reserved.