Synonyms of softening
- 1. softening, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: the process of becoming softer; "refrigeration delayed the softening of the fruit"; "he observed the softening of iron by heat"
- 1. soften, change intensity
- usage: make (images or sounds) soft or softer
- 2. dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break, deaden, blunt
- usage: lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- 3. yield, relent, soften
- usage: give in, as to influence or pressure
- 4. cushion, buffer, soften, modify
- usage: protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
- 5. mince, soften, moderate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
- 6. soften, change, alter, modify
- usage: make soft or softer; "This liquid will soften your laundry"
- 7. soften, change
- usage: become soft or softer; "The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it"
- 1. demulcent, emollient, salving, softening, soft (vs. hard)
- usage: having a softening or soothing effect especially to the skin
All rights reserved.