WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. solarize, solarise, develop
- usage: reverse some of the tones of (a negative or print) and introduce pronounced outlines of highlights, by exposing it briefly to light, then washing and redeveloping it
- 2. solarize, solarise, change
- usage: become overexposed; "The film solarized"
- 3. solarize, solarise, overexpose
- usage: overexpose to sunlight; "be careful not to solarize the photographic film"
- 4. sun, insolate, solarize, solarise, expose
- usage: expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun; "insolated paper may turn yellow and crumble"; "These herbs suffer when sunned"
All rights reserved.
See also: solarize (Dictionary)