- 1. solvent, dissolvent, dissolver, dissolving agent, resolvent, medium
- usage: a liquid substance capable of dissolving other substances; "the solvent does not change its state in forming a solution"
- 2. solution, answer, result, resolution, solvent, statement
- usage: a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. solvent (vs. insolvent)
- usage: capable of meeting financial obligations
All rights reserved.
See also: solvent (Dictionary)