Synonyms of soothing
- 1. comfort, soothe, console, solace
- usage: give moral or emotional strength to
- 2. soothe, relieve, alleviate, palliate, assuage
- usage: cause to feel better; "the medicine soothes the pain of the inflammation"
- 1. soothing, comfortable (vs. uncomfortable), comfy
- usage: affording physical relief; "a soothing ointment for her sunburn"
- 2. assuasive, soothing, reassuring (vs. unreassuring)
- usage: freeing from fear and anxiety
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of soothing (Dictionary)