- 1. sophisticate, man of the world, adult, grownup
- usage: a worldly-wise person
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sophisticate, educate, school, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise
- usage: make less natural or innocent; "Their manners had sophisticated the young girls"
- 2. twist, twist around, pervert, convolute, sophisticate, denote, refer
- usage: practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive; "Don't twist my words"
- 3. sophisticate, doctor, doctor up, load, adulterate, stretch, dilute, debase
- usage: alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive; "Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
- 4. sophisticate, complicate, refine, rarify, elaborate
- usage: make more complex or refined; "a sophisticated design"
All rights reserved.
See also: sophisticate (Dictionary)