Synonyms of sorry
- 1. regretful (vs. unregretful), sorry, bad, penitent#1, repentant
- usage: feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone; "felt regretful over his vanished youth"; "regretful over mistakes she had made"; "he felt bad about breaking the vase"
- 2. deplorable, distressing, lamentable, pitiful, sad, sorry, bad (vs. good)
- usage: bad; unfortunate; "my finances were in a deplorable state"; "a lamentable decision"; "her clothes were in sad shape"; "a sorry state of affairs"
- 3. good-for-nothing, good-for-naught, meritless, no-account, no-count, no-good, sorry, worthless (vs. valuable)
- usage: without merit; "a sorry horse"; "a sorry excuse"; "a lazy no-count, good-for-nothing goldbrick"; "the car was a no-good piece of junk"
- 4. blue, dark, dingy, disconsolate, dismal, gloomy, grim, sorry, drab, drear, dreary, depressing (vs. cheerful), cheerless, uncheerful
- usage: causing dejection; "a blue day"; "the dark days of the war"; "a week of rainy depressing weather"; "a disconsolate winter landscape"; "the first dismal dispiriting days of November"; "a dark gloomy day"; "grim rainy weather"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sorry (Dictionary)