Synonyms of sovereign
- 1. sovereign, crowned head, monarch, ruler, swayer, head of state, chief of state
- usage: a nation's ruler or head of state usually by hereditary right
- 1. autonomous, independent, self-governing, sovereign, free (vs. unfree)
- usage: (of political bodies) not controlled by outside forces; "an autonomous judiciary"; "a sovereign state"
- 2. sovereign, supreme, dominant (vs. subordinate)
- usage: greatest in status or authority or power; "a supreme tribunal"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sovereign (Dictionary)