- 1. span, duration, continuance
- usage: the complete duration of something; "the job was finished in the span of an hour"
- 2. span, distance
- usage: the distance or interval between two points
- 3. couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad, two, 2, II, deuce
- usage: two items of the same kind
- 4. span, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a unit of length based on the width of the expanded human hand (usually taken as 9 inches)
- 5. bridge, span, structure, construction
- usage: a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- 6. straddle, span, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of sitting or standing astride
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cross, traverse, span, sweep, cover, continue, extend
- usage: to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
All rights reserved.
See also: span (Dictionary)