Synonyms of spar
- 1. spar, mineral
- usage: any of various nonmetallic minerals (calcite or feldspar) that are light in color and transparent or translucent and cleavable
- 2. spar, pole
- usage: a stout rounded pole of wood or metal used to support rigging
- 3. spar, sparring, boxing, pugilism, fisticuffs
- usage: making the motions of attack and defense with the fists and arms; a part of training for a boxer
- 1. spar, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: furnish with spars
- 2. spar, contend, fight, struggle
- usage: fight with spurs; "the gamecocks were sparring"
- 3. spar, box
- usage: box lightly
- 4. spar, argue, contend, debate, fence
- usage: fight verbally; "They were sparring all night"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of spar (Dictionary)