Synonyms of spark
- 1. flicker, spark, glint, flash
- usage: a momentary flash of light
- 2. sparkle, twinkle, spark, light, vitality, verve, expression, look, aspect, facial expression, face
- usage: merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance; "he had a sparkle in his eye"; "there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes"
- 3. discharge, spark, arc, electric arc, electric discharge, electrical conduction
- usage: electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
- 4. spark, trace, hint, suggestion
- usage: a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger; "a spark of interest"; "a spark of decency"
- 5. Spark, Muriel Spark, Dame Muriel Spark, Muriel Sarah Spark
- usage: Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
- 6. spark, fragment
- usage: a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
- 1. trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off, initiate, pioneer
- usage: put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- 2. spark, sparkle, emit, give out, give off
- usage: emit or produce sparks; "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of spark (Dictionary)