- 1. sparkle, twinkle, spark, light, vitality, verve, expression, look, aspect, facial expression, face
- usage: merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance; "he had a sparkle in his eye"; "there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes"
- 2. glitter, sparkle, coruscation, flash
- usage: the occurrence of a small flash or spark
- 3. glitter, glister, glisten, scintillation, sparkle, brightness
- usage: the quality of shining with a bright reflected light
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sparkle, scintillate, coruscate, reflect, shine
- usage: reflect brightly; "Unquarried marble sparkled on the hillside"
- 2. sparkle, scintillate, coruscate, be
- usage: be lively or brilliant or exhibit virtuosity; "The musical performance sparkled"; "A scintillating conversation"; "his playing coruscated throughout the concert hall"
- 3. spark, sparkle, emit, give out, give off
- usage: emit or produce sparks; "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"
- 4. foam, froth, fizz, effervesce, sparkle, form bubbles, bubble
- usage: become bubbly or frothy or foaming; "The boiling soup was frothing"; "The river was foaming"; "Sparkling water"
All rights reserved.
See also: sparkle (Dictionary)