- 1. speck, pinpoint, spot, speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
- usage: a very small spot; "the plane was just a speck in the sky"
- 2. atom, molecule, particle, corpuscle, mote, speck, material, stuff
- usage: (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything
- 3. touch, hint, tinge, mite, pinch, jot, speck, soupcon, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a slight but appreciable amount; "this dish could use a touch of garlic"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. speck, mark
- usage: produce specks in or on; "speck the cloth"
All rights reserved.
See also: speck (Dictionary)