- 1. spot, speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation, marking
- usage: a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopard's spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stipple, speckle, mottle, dapple, cloud
- usage: produce a mottled effect; "The sunlight stippled the trees"
- 2. speckle, bespeckle, spot, fleck, blob, blot
- usage: mark with small spots; "speckle the wall with tiny yellow spots"
All rights reserved.
See also: speckle (Dictionary)