Synonyms of speculative
- 1. bad, risky, high-risk, speculative, unsound (vs. sound)
- usage: not financially safe or secure; "a bad investment"; "high risk investments"; "anything that promises to pay too much can't help being risky"; "speculative business enterprises"
- 2. notional, speculative, theoretical (vs. empirical), theoretic
- usage: not based on fact or investigation; "a notional figure of cost helps in determining production costs"; "speculative knowledge"
- 3. inquisitive, speculative, questioning, wondering(prenominal), curious (vs. incurious)
- usage: showing curiosity; "if someone saw a man climbing a light post they might get inquisitive"; "raised a speculative eyebrow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of speculative (Dictionary)