Synonyms of spin
- 1. spin, rotation, revolution, gyration
- usage: a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile)
- 2. spin, twirl, twist, twisting, whirl, rotation, rotary motion
- usage: the act of rotating rapidly; "he gave the crank a spin"; "it broke off after much twisting"
- 3. spin, drive, ride
- usage: a short drive in a car; "he took the new car for a spin"
- 4. tailspin, spin, acrobatics, aerobatics, stunting, stunt flying
- usage: rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral
- 5. spin, rendition, rendering, interpretation
- usage: a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion); "the campaign put a favorable spin on the story"
- 1. spin, spin around, whirl, reel, gyrate, revolve, go around, rotate
- usage: revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
- 2. spin, stream, well out
- usage: stream in jets, of liquids; "The creek spun its course through the woods"
- 3. whirl, birl, spin, twirl, rotate, circumvolve
- usage: cause to spin; "spin a coin"
- 4. spin, fabricate, manufacture, cook up, make up, invent
- usage: make up a story; "spin a yarn"
- 5. spin, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: form a web by making a thread; "spiders spin a fine web"
- 6. spin, twist, twine, distort
- usage: work natural fibers into a thread; "spin silk"
- 7. spin, present, represent, lay out
- usage: twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation; "The President's spokesmen had to spin the story to make it less embarrassing"
- 8. spin, spin out, prolong, protract, extend, draw out
- usage: prolong or extend; "spin out a visit"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of spin (Dictionary)