- 1. spirit, spirit up, inspirit, enliven, liven, liven up, invigorate, animate
- usage: infuse with spirit; "The company spirited him up"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spirited (vs. spiritless), boisterous, knockabout, con brio, dashing, gallant, ebullient, exuberant, high-spirited, feisty, plucky, spunky, impertinent, irreverent, pert, saucy, lively, racy, mettlesome, resilient, snappy, whipping, sprightly, vibrant, vivacious, zestful, yeasty, zesty, barmy, energetic, enthusiastic, lively
- usage: displaying animation, vigor, or liveliness
- 2. bouncing, bouncy, peppy, spirited, zippy, lively (vs. dull)
- usage: marked by lively action; "a bouncing gait"; "bouncy tunes"; "the peppy and interesting talk"; "a spirited dance"
- 3. game, gamy, gamey, gritty, mettlesome, spirited, spunky, brave (vs. cowardly), courageous
- usage: willing to face danger
- 4. enlivened, spirited, animated (vs. unanimated), alive
- usage: made lively or spirited; "a meal enlivened by the music"; "a spirited debate"
All rights reserved.
See also: spirited (Dictionary)