WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. splash, splosh, slosh, slush, sound, go
- usage: make a splashing sound; "water was splashing on the floor"
- 2. squelch, squish, splash, splosh, slosh, slop, slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp
- usage: walk through mud or mire; "We had to splosh across the wet meadow"
- 3. sprinkle, splash, splosh, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force; "She splashed the water around her"
- 4. spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
All rights reserved.
See also: splosh (Dictionary)