- 1. sport, feature, boast, have, feature
- usage: wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"
- 2. frolic, lark, rollick, skylark, disport, sport, cavort, gambol, frisk, romp, run around, lark about, play
- usage: play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clean, sporting, sporty, sportsmanlike, fair (vs. unfair), just
- usage: exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play; "a clean fight"; "a sporting solution of the disagreement"; "sportsmanlike conduct"
- 2. sporting
- usage: relating to or used in sports; "sporting events"; "sporting equipment"
- 3. sporting, adventurous (vs. unadventurous), adventuresome
- usage: involving risk or willingness to take a risk; "a sporting chance"; "sporting blood"
- 4. dissipated, betting, card-playing, sporting, indulgent (vs. nonindulgent)
- usage: preoccupied with the pursuit of pleasure and especially games of chance; "led a dissipated life"; "a betting man"; "a card-playing son of a bitch"; "a gambling fool"; "sporting gents and their ladies"
All rights reserved.
See also: sporting (Dictionary)