Synonyms of spread eagle
- 1. spread eagle, emblem, allegory
- usage: an emblem (an eagle with wings and legs spread) on the obverse of the Great Seal of the United States
- 2. spread eagle, figure
- usage: a skating figure executed with the skates heel to heel in a straight line
- 1. spread-eagle, stretch, extend
- usage: stretch out completely; "They spread-eagled him across the floor"
- 2. spread-eagle, range, straddle
- usage: stretch over; "His residences spread-eagle the entire county"
- 3. spread-eagle, figure skate
- usage: execute a spread eagle on skates, with arms and legs stretched out
- 4. spread-eagle, sprawl
- usage: stand with arms and legs spread out
- 5. spread-eagle, spreadeagle, rout, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat disastrously
- 1. spread-eagle, extended (vs. unextended)
- usage: with arms and legs stretched out and apart; "lay spread-eagle on the floor"
All rights reserved.