Synonyms of spread out
- 1. diffuse, spread, spread out, fan out, spread, distribute
- usage: move outward; "The soldiers fanned out"
- 2. string out, spread out, arrange, set up
- usage: set out or stretch in a line, succession, or series; "the houses were strung out in a long row"
- 3. spread, scatter, spread out, circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute
- usage: strew or distribute over an area; "He spread fertilizer over the lawn"; "scatter cards across the table"
- 4. expand, spread out, grow
- usage: extend in one or more directions; "The dough expands"
- 5. turn out, splay, spread out, rotate, turn
- usage: turn outward; "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- 6. disperse, dissipate, scatter, spread out, separate, part, split
- usage: move away from each other; "The crowds dispersed"; "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached";
- 7. unfold, spread, spread out, open, undo
- usage: spread out or open from a closed or folded state; "open the map"; "spread your arms"
- 1. fanned, spread-out(prenominal), distributed (vs. concentrated)
- usage: especially spread in a fan shape; "the peacock's fanned tail"; "the spread-out cards"
All rights reserved.