- 1. potato, white potato, Irish potato, murphy, spud, tater, root vegetable, starches, solanaceous vegetable
- usage: an edible tuber native to South America; a staple food of Ireland
- 2. spud, stump spud, hand shovel
- usage: a sharp hand shovel for digging out roots and weeds
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spud, bore, drill
- usage: initiate drilling operations, as for petroleum; "The well was spudded in April"
- 2. shoot, spud, germinate, pullulate, bourgeon, burgeon forth, sprout, grow
- usage: produce buds, branches, or germinate; "the potatoes sprouted"
All rights reserved.
See also: spud (Dictionary)