- 1. squall, wind, air current, current of air
- usage: sudden violent winds; often accompanied by precipitation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. squall, waul, wawl, howl, ululate, wail, roar, yawl, yaup
- usage: make high-pitched, whiney noises
- 2. shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- 3. squall, blow
- usage: blow in a squall; "When it squalls, a prudent sailor reefs his sails"
All rights reserved.
See also: squall (Dictionary)