WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pulpy, squashy, nonwoody (vs. woody)
- usage: like a pulp or overripe; not having stiffness
- 2. boggy, marshy, miry, mucky, muddy, quaggy, sloppy, sloughy, soggy, squashy, swampy, waterlogged, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: (of soil) soft and watery; "the ground was boggy under foot"; "a marshy coastline"; "miry roads"; "wet mucky lowland"; "muddy barnyard"; "quaggy terrain"; "the sloughy edge of the pond"; "swampy bayous"
- 3. spongy, squashy, squishy, spongelike, soft (vs. hard)
- usage: easily squashed; resembling a sponge in having soft porous texture and compressibility; "spongy bread"
All rights reserved.
See also: squashy (Dictionary)