- 1. squeak, noise
- usage: a short high-pitched noise; "the squeak of shoes on powdery snow"
- 2. close call, close shave, squeak, squeaker, narrow escape, accomplishment, achievement
- usage: something achieved (or escaped) by a narrow margin
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. whine, squeak, screech, creak, screak, skreak, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a high-pitched, screeching noise; "The door creaked when I opened it slowly"; "My car engine makes a whining noise"
All rights reserved.
See also: squeak (Dictionary)