Synonyms of squint
- 1. strabismus, squint, abnormality, abnormalcy
- usage: abnormal alignment of one or both eyes
- 2. squint, look, looking, looking at
- usage: the act of squinting; looking with the eyes partly closed
- 1. squint, squinch, grimace, make a face, pull a face
- usage: cross one's eyes as if in strabismus; "The children squinted so as to scare each other"
- 2. squint, look
- usage: be cross-eyed; have a squint or strabismus
- 3. squint, look
- usage: partly close one's eyes, as when hit by direct blinding light; "The driver squinted as the sun hit his windshield"
- 1. askance, askant, asquint, squint, squint-eyed, squinty, sidelong, indirect (vs. direct)
- usage: (used especially of glances) directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy; "her eyes with their misted askance look"- Elizabeth Bowen; "sidelong glances"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of squint (Dictionary)