WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stabilize, stabilise, change, alter, modify
- usage: make stable and keep from fluctuating or put into an equilibrium; "The drug stabilized her blood pressure"; "stabilize prices"
- 2. brace, steady, stabilize, stabilise, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace; "brace your elbows while working on the potter's wheel"
- 3. stabilize, stabilise, change
- usage: become stable or more stable; "The economy stabilized"
All rights reserved.
See also: stabilize (Dictionary)