Synonyms of stained
- 1. stain, dye
- usage: color with a liquid dye or tint; "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color"; "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
- 2. stain, change, alter, modify
- usage: produce or leave stains; "Red wine stains the table cloth"
- 3. tarnish, stain, maculate, sully, defile, spot, fleck, blob, blot
- usage: make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
- 4. stain, dye
- usage: color for microscopic study; "The laboratory worker dyed the specimen"
- 1. stained (vs. unstained)
- usage: marked or dyed or discolored with foreign matter; "a badly stained tablecloth"; "tear-stained cheeks"
- 2. stained, varnished, painted (vs. unpainted)
- usage: having a coating of stain or varnish
All rights reserved.