- 1. chaff, husk, shuck, stalk, straw, stubble, plant material, plant substance
- usage: material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- 2. stalk, stem, plant organ
- usage: a slender or elongated structure that supports a plant or fungus or a plant part or plant organ
- 3. stalk, stalking, still hunt, hunt, hunting
- usage: a hunt for game carried on by following it stealthily or waiting in ambush
- 4. stalk, stalking, pursuit, chase, pursual, following
- usage: the act of following prey stealthily
- 5. stalk, angry walk, gait
- usage: a stiff or threatening gait
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stalk, walk
- usage: walk stiffly
- 2. haunt, stalk, pursue, follow
- usage: follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to; "her ex-boyfriend stalked her"; "the ghost of her mother haunted her"
- 3. stalk, pursue, follow
- usage: go through (an area) in search of prey; "stalk the woods for deer"
All rights reserved.
See also: stalk (Dictionary)