Synonyms of stand by
- 1. standby, thing
- usage: something that can be relied on when needed
- 2. understudy, standby, actor, histrion, player, thespian, role player
- usage: an actor able to replace a regular performer when required
- 1. stand by, refrain, forbear
- usage: not act or do anything; "He just stood by when the police beat up the demonstrators"
- 2. stand by, stick around, stick about, wait
- usage: be available or ready for a certain function or service
- 3. stand by, stick by, stick, adhere, be
- usage: be loyal to; "She stood by her husband in times of trouble"; "The friends stuck together through the war"
- 1. standby, secondary (vs. primary)
- usage: ready for emergency use; "a standby generator"; "a standby crew"
All rights reserved.