Synonyms of start up
- 1. startup, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of setting in operation; "repeated shutdowns and startups are expensive"
- 2. inauguration, startup, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of starting a new operation or practice; "he opposed the inauguration of fluoridation"; "the startup of the new factory was delayed by strikes"
- 1. start, start up
- usage: get going or set in motion; "We simply could not start the engine"; "start up the computer"
- 2. start, start up, embark on, commence, begin, lead off, start, commence
- usage: get off the ground; "Who started this company?"; "We embarked on an exciting enterprise"; "I start my day with a good breakfast"; "We began the new semester"; "The afternoon session begins at 4 PM"; "The blood shed started when the partisans launched a surprise attack"
All rights reserved.