- 1. startle, jump, start, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: a sudden involuntary movement; "he awoke with a start"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. startle, galvanize, galvanise, shock, floor, ball over, blow out of the water, take aback
- usage: to stimulate to action ; "..startled him awake"; "galvanized into action"
- 2. startle, jump, start, move
- usage: move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm; "She startled when I walked into the room"
All rights reserved.
See also: startle (Dictionary)