WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sterile (vs. fertile), unfertile, infertile, barren, sterilized, sterilised, unfertilized, unfertilised, unimpregnated, unfruitful, impotent, unproductive
- usage: incapable of reproducing; "an infertile couple"
- 2. aseptic, sterile, antiseptic (vs. septic)
- usage: free of or using methods to keep free of pathological microorganisms; "a sterile operating area"; "aseptic surgical instruments"; "aseptic surgical techniques"
- 3. sterile, unimaginative, uninspired, uninventive, uncreative (vs. creative)
- usage: deficient in originality or creativity; lacking powers of invention; "a sterile ideology lacking in originality"; "unimaginative development of a musical theme"; "uninspired writing"
All rights reserved.
See also: sterile (Dictionary)