- 1. fret, stew, sweat, lather, swither, agitation
- usage: agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- 2. stew, dish
- usage: food prepared by stewing especially meat or fish with vegetables
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grizzle, brood, stew, sulk, pout, brood
- usage: be in a huff; be silent or sullen
- 2. stew, grudge, resent
- usage: bear a grudge; harbor ill feelings
- 3. stew, cook
- usage: cook slowly and for a long time in liquid; "Stew the vegetables in wine"
All rights reserved.
See also: stew (Dictionary)