Synonyms of sticking out
- 1. stick out, protrude, jut out, jut, project
- usage: extend out or project in space; "His sharp nose jutted out"; "A single rock sticks out from the cliff"
- 2. leap out, jump out, jump, stand out, stick out, look, appear, seem
- usage: be highly noticeable
- 3. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- 1. jutting, projected, projecting, protruding, relieved, sticking(predicate), sticking out(predicate), protrusive (vs. intrusive)
- usage: extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary; "the jutting limb of a tree"; "massive projected buttresses"; "his protruding ribs"; "a pile of boards sticking over the end of his truck"
All rights reserved.