- 1. stipendiary, stipendiary magistrate, magistrate
- usage: (United Kingdom) a paid magistrate (appointed by the Home Secretary) dealing with police cases
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stipendiary
- usage: pertaining to or of the nature of a stipend or allowance; "stipendiary funds"
- 2. compensated, remunerated, salaried, stipendiary, paid (vs. unpaid)
- usage: receiving or eligible for compensation; "salaried workers"; "a stipendiary magistrate"
- 3. compensable, paying(prenominal), remunerative, salaried, stipendiary, paid (vs. unpaid)
- usage: for which money is paid; "a paying job"; "remunerative work"; "salaried employment"; "stipendiary services"
All rights reserved.
See also: stipendiary (Dictionary)