Synonyms of stirred
- 1. stir, move, displace
- usage: move an implement through; "stir the soup"; "stir my drink"; "stir the soil"
- 2. stir, shift, budge, agitate, move
- usage: move very slightly; "He shifted in his seat"
- 3. stimulate, excite, stir, sensitize, sensitise
- usage: stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
- 4. stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- 5. touch, stir, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: affect emotionally; "A stirring movie"; "I was touched by your kind letter of sympathy"
- 6. raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth, make, create
- usage: summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic; "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
- 7. arouse, stir, move
- usage: to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- 8. stir, work
- usage: mix or add by stirring; "Stir nuts into the dough"
- 1. moved(predicate) (vs. unmoved), affected, stirred, touched, sick, affected, emotional
- usage: being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion; "too moved to speak"; "very touched by the stranger's kindness"
- 2. stimulated, stirred, stirred up, aroused, excited (vs. unexcited)
- usage: emotionally aroused
- 3. stirred, agitated (vs. unagitated)
- usage: set into a usually circular motion in order to mix or blend
All rights reserved.