Synonyms of stirred up
- 1. agitate, foment, stir up, provoke, stimulate
- usage: try to stir up public opinion
- 2. inflame, stir up, wake, ignite, heat, fire up, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
- 3. agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up, move, displace
- usage: change the arrangement or position of
- 4. incite, instigate, set off, stir up, provoke, stimulate
- usage: provoke or stir up; "incite a riot"; "set off great unrest among the people"
- 1. stimulated, stirred, stirred up, aroused, excited (vs. unexcited)
- usage: emotionally aroused
All rights reserved.