Synonyms of stooping
- 1. crouch, stoop, bend, bow, bend, flex
- usage: bend one's back forward from the waist on down; "he crouched down"; "She bowed before the Queen"; "The young man stooped to pick up the girl's purse"
- 2. condescend, stoop, lower oneself, act, move
- usage: debase oneself morally, act in an undignified, unworthy, or dishonorable way; "I won't stoop to reading other people's mail"
- 3. stoop, pounce, swoop
- usage: descend swiftly, as if on prey; "The eagle stooped on the mice in the field"
- 4. stoop, slope, incline, pitch
- usage: sag, bend, bend over or down; "the rocks stooped down over the hiking path"
- 5. stoop, hold, carry, bear
- usage: carry oneself, often habitually, with head, shoulders, and upper back bent forward; "The old man was stooping but he could walk around without a cane"
- 1. hunched, round-backed, round-shouldered, stooped, stooping, crooked, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: having the back and shoulders rounded; not erect; "a little oldish misshapen stooping woman"
All rights reserved.