Synonyms of storm
- 1. storm, violent storm, atmospheric phenomenon
- usage: a violent weather condition with winds 64-72 knots (11 on the Beaufort scale) and precipitation and thunder and lightning
- 2. storm, tempest, disturbance, disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle
- usage: a violent commotion or disturbance; "the storms that had characterized their relationship had died away"; "it was only a tempest in a teapot"
- 3. storm, assault
- usage: a direct and violent assault on a stronghold
- 1. ramp, rage, storm, act, behave, do
- usage: behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
- 2. storm, force, penetrate, perforate
- usage: take by force; "Storm the fort"
- 3. storm
- usage: rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning; "If it storms, we'll need shelter"
- 4. storm, blow
- usage: blow hard; "It was storming all night"
- 5. storm, surprise, attack, assail
- usage: attack by storm; attack suddenly
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of storm (Dictionary)